hi guys videos of Banking – Law & Practice as per icsi new syllabus are getting ready and u can pre-order or for Enquiry whatsapp 8285488836 subscribe here for cs video lectures https://bit.ly/2hnL3dO
To develop a robust knowledge base pertaining to significant facets of Banking
Sector among those students who wish to pursue a career in Banking Sector.
1. Overview of Indian Banking System: Indian Banking System – Evolution; RBI and
its role; Structure of Banks in India; Commercial Banks; Co-operative Banking
System; Development Banks; NBFCs.
2. Regulatory Framework of Banks: Constitution, Objectives, Functions & powers of
RBI; Tools of Monetary Control; Regulatory Restrictions on Lending; Business of
Banking; Constitution of Banks; RBI Act, 1934; Banking Regulation Act, 1949; Role
of RBI; Govt. as a Regulator of Banks; Control over Co-operative Banks; Regulation
by other Authorities.
3. Control over Organization of Banks : Licensing of Banking Companies; Branch
Licensing; Paid up Capital and Reserves; Shareholding in Banking Companies;
Subsidiaries of Banking Companies; Board of Directors; Chairman of Banking
Company; Appointment of Additional Directors; Restrictions on Employment;
Control over Management; Directors and Corporate Governance.
4. Regulation of Banking Business : Power of RBI to Issue Directions; Acceptance of
Deposits; Nomination; Loans and Advances; Regulation of Interest Rate; Regulation
of Payment Systems; Internet Banking Guidelines; Regulation of Money Market
Instruments; Reserve Funds; Maintenance of CRR, SLR; Assets in India.
5. Banking operations : Preparation of Vouchers, cash receipt and payment entries,
clearing inward and outward entries, transfer debit and credit entries, what is KYC
and what are the different documents to satisfy KYC, verify KYC and authenticity of
documents, operational aspects in regard to opening of all types of accounts,
scrutiny of loan applications / documents, allowing drawals and accounting entries
involved at various stages, operational aspects of CBS environment etc., Back office
operations in banks, handling of unreconciled entries in banks.
6. IT in Banking : Overview of Banking services and IT related risk and controls,
components and architecture of CBS, Core Business processes Flow and relevant
risks and controls Reporting System and MIS, data analytics and business
7. Payment and Collection of Cheques and Other Negotiable Instruments : NI Act;
Role & Duties of Paying & Collecting Banks; Endorsements; Forged Instruments;
Bouncing of Cheques; Its Implications; Return of Cheques; Cheque Truncation
8. Case Laws on Responsibility of Paying Bank : Negotiable Instruments Act and
Paying Banks; Liability of Paying Banker; Payment in due course; Payment in Good
Faith; Whether Payment under Mistake Recoverable.
9. Case Laws on Responsibility of Collecting Bank : Statutory protection to
Collecting Bank; Duties of Collecting Bank.
10. Various Government Schemes : Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY);
Sukhanya Samridi Account; MUDRA Bank Yojana; Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti
Beema Yojana (PMJJBY); Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY); Atal
11. Consumer Protection : Operational Aspects of Consumer Protection Act & Banking
12. Loans and Advances : Different Types of Borrowers; Types of Credit FacilitiesCash
Credit, Overdraft, Demand Loans, Term Loans, Bill Finance.
13. Securities for Banker’s Loans : Types of Securities; Assignment; Lien; Set-off;
Hypothecation; Pledge; Mortgage; Indemnities and Guarantees; Factoring; Bill
discounting; Letter of Credit; Commercial Papers; Bank Guarantees; Book debts;
Corporate Securities; Charges.
14. Documentation: Types of Documents; Procedure; Stamping; Securitisation.
15. Calculation of Interest and Annuities : Calculation of Simple Interest & Compound
Interest; Calculation of Equated Monthly Instalments; Fixed and Floating Interest
Rates; Calculation of Annuities; Interest Calculation using Products / Balances;
Amortisation of a Debt; Sinking Funds.
16. Calculation of YTM : Debt- Definition, Meaning & Salient Features; Loans;
Introduction to Bonds; Terms associated with Bonds; Cost of Debt Capital; Bond
value with semi-annual Interest; Current Yield on Bond; Calculation of Yield-toMaturity
of Bond; Theorems for Bond Value; Duration of Bond; Properties of
Duration; Bond Price Volatility.
17. Foreign Exchange Arithmetic : Fundamentals of Foreign Exchange; Forex Markets;
Direct and Indirect Quote; Some Basic Exchange Rate Arithmetic – Cross Rate, Chain
Rule, Value date, etc.; Forward Exchange Rates – Forward Points; Arbitrage;
Calculating Forward Points; Premium / discount; etc.
18. Non Performing Assets : Definition; Income Recognition; Asset Classification;
Provisioning Norms; CDR Financial Inclusion BC; BF; Role of ICT in Financial
Inclusion, Mobile based transactions, R SETI.
19. Final Accounts of Banking Companies : Definition and Functions of a Bank;
Requirements of Banking Companies as to Accounts and Audit; Significant Features
of Accounting Systems of Banks; Principal Books of Accounts; Preparation and
Presentation of Financial Statements of Banks; CMA Format; Accounting Treatment
of Specific Items; Preparation of Profit and Loss Account; Comments on Profit and
Loss Account; Important Items of Balance Sheet; Disclosure Requirements of Banks;
Additional Disclosures prescribed by RBI; Disclosures required under BASEL norms.
20. Risk Management in Banks and Basel Accords : Introduction to Risk
Management; Credit Risk Management; Liquidity and Market Risk Management;
Operational Risk Management; Risk Management Organisation; Reporting of
Banking Risk; Risk Adjusted Performance Evaluation; Basel- I, II & III Accords.