hi guys CS PROFESSIONAL VIDEO CLASSES as per icsi new syllabus are getting ready and u can pre-order or for Enquiry whatsapp 8285488836 subscribe here for cs video lectures https://bit.ly/2hnL3dO
1. Introduction : Concept of Property vis-à-vis Intellectual Property; Concept of
Property and Theories of Property – An Overview; Theories of Intellectual Property
Rights; Meaning, Relevance, Business Impact, Protection of Intellectual Property;
Intellectual Property as an Instrument of Development; Need for Protecting
Intellectual Property – Policy Consideration – National and International
Perspectives; Competing Rationales for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights;
Intellectual Property Rights as Human Right; Determining Financial Value of
Intellectual Property Rights; Negotiating Payments Terms in Intellectual Property
Transaction; Intellectual Property Rights in the Cyber World.
2. Types of Intellectual Property- Origin and Development- An Overview:
Copyrights; Trademarks; Patents; Designs; Utility Models; Trade Secrets and
Geographical; Indications; Bio-Diversity and IPR.
3. Role of International Institutions : Introduction to the leading International
Instruments concerning Intellectual Property Rights; The Berne Convention;
Universal Copyright Convention; The Paris Convention, Patent Co-operation Treaty;
TRIPS; The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the UNESCO.
4. Patents : Introduction to Patent Law; Paris Convention; Patent Cooperation Treaty;
WTO- TRIPS; Harmonisation of CBD and TRIPs.
5. Indian Patent Law : An Overview; Concept of Patent; Product / Process Patents &
Terminology; The Patents Act, 1970; Amendments to the Patents Act; Patentable
Subject Matter, Patentability Criteria; Duration of Patents- Law and Policy
Consideration; Elements of Patentability,- Novelty and Non Obviousness (Inventive
Steps and Industrial Application; Non- Patentable Subject Matter; Procedure for
Filing of Patent Application and types of Applications; Procedure for Opposition;
Revocation of Patents; Ownership and Maintenance of Patents; Assignment and
licensing of Patents; Working of Patents- Compulsory Licensing; Patent AgentQualification
and Registration Procedure.
6. Patent Databases & Patent Information System : Patent Offices in India;
Importance of Patent Information in Business Development; Patent search through
Internet, Patent Databases.
7. Preparation of Patent Documents : Lab Notebooks/Log Books/Record Books;
Methods of Invention Disclosures; Patent Application and its Contents; Writing of
the Patent Document.
8. Process for Examination of Patent Application : Publication of Patent
Applications; Request for Examination; Process for Examination & Prosecution;
Reissue & Re-examination.
9. Patent Infringement : Literal Infringement; Doctrine of Equivalence and Doctrine
of Colourable Variation; Contributory Infringement; Defences to Infringement
including Experimental Use; Inequitable Conduct; Patent Misuse; Legal Aspects (Act,
Rules, and Procedures).
10. Recent Developments in Patent System : Software and Business Method
Patenting in India & other Jurisdiction; Patentable Inventions with Special Reference
to Biotechnology Products entailing Creation of New Forms of Life.
11. Trademarks : Introduction to Trademarks; The rationale of protection of
trademark as (a) an aspect of commercial and (b) of consumer rights; Definition and
concept of Trademarks; Kinds of marks (brand names, logos, signatures, symbols,
well known marks, certification marks and service marks); International Legal
Instruments on Trademarks; Indian Trademarks Law (The Trade and Merchandise
Marks Act, 1958 and Trademarks Act, 1999); Non Registrable Trademarks;
Procedure for Registration of Trademarks; Opposition Procedure; Procedural
Requirements of Protection of Trademarks; Content of the Rights, Exhaustion of
Rights; Assignment/Transmission / Licensing of Trademarks; Infringement of
Trademarks and Right of Goodwill; Passing off Action; Offences and Penalties;
International Conventions- Madrid Protocol; Domain Names – (Domain Names and
Effects of New Technology (Internet); WIPO Internet Domain Name Process).
12. Copyrights : Introduction to Copyright – Conceptual Basis; International Protection
of Copyright and Related rights- An Overview (International Convention/Treaties
on Copyright); Nature of Copyright; Indian Copyright Law; The Copyright Act, 1957
with its amendments; Copyright works; Author & Ownership of Copyright; Rights
Conferred by Copyright; Assignment, Transmission, Licensing of Copyrights;
Neighbouring Rights; Infringement of Copyrights; Remedies & Actions for
Infringement of Copyrights; Copyright Societies, Office, Board, Registration of
Copyrights & Appeals; International Conventions; Copyright pertaining to
Software/Internet and other Digital media; Remedies, especially, possibility of
Anton Pillar Injunctive Relief in India.
13. Industrial Designs : Need for Protection of Industrial Designs; Subject Matter of
Protection and Requirements; What is a Registrable Design; What is not a Design;
Novelty &Originality; Procedure for Registration of Designs; Copyright under
Design; Assignment, Transmission, Licenses; Procedure for Cancellation of Design;
14. Geographical Indications : Geographical Indications – Concept of Appellations of
Origin, Indication of Source and Geographical Indication; International
Conventions/Agreements; The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and
Protection) Act, 2000; Procedure for Registration, Duration of Protection and
Renewal; Infringement, Penalties and Remedies.
15. Layout – Designs of Integrated Circuits : The Semiconductor Integrated Circuits
Layout-Design Act, 2000; Conditions and Procedure for Registration; Duration and
Effect of Registration; Assignment and Transmission.
16. The Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights : The Protection of Plant
Varieties and Farmer’s Rights Act, 2001; Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’
Rights, Authority and Registry; Registration of Plant Varieties and Essentially
derived variety; Duration, Effect of Registration and Benefit Sharing; Surrender and
revocation of Certificate; Farmers’ Rights; Plant Varieties Protection Appellate
Tribunal; Infringement, Offences, Penalties and Procedure.
17. Protection of Trade Secrets.
18. Key Business Concerns in Commercializing Intellectual Property Rights:
Competition and Confidentiality Issues, Antitrust Laws; Assignment of Intellectual
Property Rights; Technology Transfer Agreements; Intellectual Property Issues in
the Sale of Business; Care & Maintenance of Confidential Information; Legal Auditing
of Intellectual Property; Due Diligence of Intellectual Property Rights in a Corporate
Transaction; Management and Valuation of Intellectual Property.
19. Case Laws, Case Studies and Practical Aspects.
Forensic Audit (Max Marks 100)
To understand and analyze the concept of Corporate Fraud and Forensics Audit in
the contemporary world along with the legal mechanism to counter the corporate
fraud and understanding Forensic Audit and its methods.
1. Introduction : What is Fraud: Meaning and Definition under the Companies Act,
2013 and Criminal Procedure Code, 1973; Elements of Fraud; What is Audit;
Forensic Audit; Need and Objectives; Fraud and Forensic Audit; Forensic Audit vis-avis
2. Fraud and Audit : Modern Day Scenario: Fundamentals of Forensic Audit; Fraud
related Concepts; Kinds of Frauds; Corporate Frauds: An Insight; Live Cases;
3. Audit and Investigations : Tools for handling Forensic Audit and the Role of
Company Secretary; Investigation Mechanism; Field Investigations; Methods of
Investigations; Red Flags; Green Flags.
4. Forensic Audit : Laws and Regulations : Information Technology and Business
Laws; International Laws and Practices; UK Bribery Act and US Foreign Corrupt
Practices Act; Indian Laws; ICSI Anti Bribery Code.
5. Forensic Audit and Indian Evidence Law : Finding Facts; Relevant Facts;
Admission of Evidence; Methods to Prove Cases.
6. Cyber Forensics : Introduction to Cyber Crime; International Guidance to Cyber
Forensics Laws; Digital Forensics and Cyber Laws; Introduction to Data Extraction;
Digital Forensics and Cyber Crime; Ethical Hacking, Digital Incident Response; Case
Laws: Indian and International.
7. Case Laws, Case Studies and Practical Aspects.
Elective Paper 17.5
Direct Tax Laws & Practice (Max Marks 100)
To provide advanced knowledge on practical application of Direct Tax Practice.
1. An Overview of Income Tax Act, 1961 : Background, Important definitions,
Residential Status, Basis of Charge, Scope of Total Income, Tax Rates in accordance
with the applicable Finance Act for the relevant assessment year.
2. Computation of Income under the head of Salary : Salary – Coverage, Employer
and Employee Relationship, Allowances, Monetary and Non-Monetary Perquisites –
Valuation and Taxability, Profits in lieu of Salary, Deductions against Salary,
Incomes exempt from Tax and not includible in ‘Salary’, Deduction to be made from
salary in respect of Provident Fund under the provisions of the Provident Fund and
Miscellaneous Provisions of Act 1952 and tax treatment of employers’ contribution
to Provident Fund, Tax Deducted at Source on Salary Income and Compliances,
Practical Case Studies.
3. Computation of Income under the head of House Property: Chargeability,
Owner of house property, Determination of Annual Value, Deduction from Net
Annual Value, Treatment of Unrealized Rent, Arrears of Rent, Exemptions,
Computation of Income from a let out House Property, Self-Occupied Property,
Practical Case Studies.
4. Computation of Income – Profits and Gains from Business and Profession:
Business and Profession – An overview, Chargeability, Profits and Losses of
Speculation Business, Deductions Allowable, Expenses Disallowed, Deemed Profits
u/s 41, Maintenance of Accounts, Tax Audit, Presumptive Base Taxation, Practical
5. Computation of Income under the head of Capital Gains: Chargeability, Capital
Gains, Capital Assets & Transfer, Types of Capital Gains, Mode of Computation of
Capital Gains, Exemptions and Deduction, Special Provision – Slump Sale,
Compulsory Acquisition, Fair Market Value, Reference to valuation officer, Practical
6. Computation of Income from Other Sources : Taxation of Dividend u/s 2(22)(a)
to (e), Provisions relating to Gifts, Deductions, Other Miscellaneous Provisions,
Practical Case Studies.
7. Exemptions/Deduction, Clubbing provisions, Set Off and/or Carry Forward of
Losses, Rebate and Relief : Income’s not included in Total Income, Tax holidays,
Clubbing of Income, Aggregation of Income, Set off and/or Carry forward of losses,
Deductions (General and Specific), Rebates and Reliefs.
8. Computation of Total Income and Tax Liability
9. TDS/TCS, Returns, Refund & Recovery : Tax Deduction at Source ‘TDS’ & Tax
Collection at Source ‘TCS’, Advance Tax &Self-Assessment Tax ‘SAT’, Returns,
Signatures, E-Filing, Interest for default in furnishing return of Income, Collection,
Recovery of Tax, & Refunds, Assessment, Appeals, Revisions, Settlement of Cases,
Penalties etc., Assessment, Appeals & Revisions, Settlement of Cases, Penalties,
Offences & Prosecution, Practical Case Studies.
10. Tax Planning & Tax Management : Tax Planning, Tax Management and Tax
avoidance though legitimate tax provisions, Various Avenues, Practical Case Studies.
11. International Taxation – An Overview : Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
‘DTAA’, Residency Issues, Tax Heaven, Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC),
Concept of Permanent Establishment, Business Connection, General Anti Avoidance
Rules ‘GAAR’, Advance Ruling – Practical Aspect, Transfer Pricing –An Overview,
Practical Case Studies.
12. Recent Case Laws : Practical Case Studies, Case Laws, Case Studies & Practical
Elective Paper 17.6
Labour Laws & Practice (Max Marks 100)
To acquire expert knowledge, understanding and application of Labour Laws.
1. Constitution and Labour Laws: Fundamental rights vis-à-vis labour laws, Equality
before law and its application in Labour Laws, Equal pay for equal work; and
Article-16 and reservation policies, Articles 19, 21, 23 and 24 and its implications.
2. International Labour Organization: Aims and objects; Cooperation between
governments and employers’ and workers’ organizations in fostering social and
economic progress; Setting labour standards, developing policies and devising
programmes to promote decent work.
3. Law of Welfare & Working Condition : The Factories Act, 1948; Contract Labour
(Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970; The Building and Other Constructions
Workers’ (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996; The
Mines Act, 1952; The Working Journalists and Other Newspapers Employees
(Conditions of Service) and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1955; The Weekly
Holidays Act, 1942; Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention,
Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013; The Child and Adolescent Labour (Prohibition
and Regulation) Act, 1986.
4. Law of Industrial Relations: Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (downsizing,
retrenchment, lay-off, bench employees and termination) & Industrial discipline and
domestic inquiry. The Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules,1957; The Plantation
Labour Act, 1951; The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Rules, 1946;
Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946;The Industrial Employment
(Standing Orders) Act, 1946; Indian Trade Union Act, 1926; The Trade Unions
(Amendments) Act, 2001.
5. Law of Wages: Payment of Wages Act, 1936; Minimum Wages Act, 1948; Payment
of Bonus Act, 1965; Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
6. Social Security Legislations: Employees’ Compensation Act, 1923; Employees
Compensation (Amendment) Act, 2017; Equal Remuneration Act, 1976; Employees’
State Insurance Act, 1948; Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous
Provisions Act, 1952; Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972; Maternity Benefit Act, 1961;
Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017; The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972; The
Unorganized Workers’ Social Security Act, 2008; Apprentices Act, 1961;
Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959.
7. The Labour Laws (Simplification of Procedure for Furnishing Returns and
Maintaining Registers by Certain Establishments) Act, 1988.
8. Labour Codes: Labour Code on Wages; Labour Code on Industrial Relations; Labour
Code on Social Security & Welfare; Labour Code on Safety &Working Conditions.
9. Industrial and Labour Laws Audit covering the above Acts and other Industry
Case laws, Case Studies and Practical Aspects.
Elective Paper 17.7
Valuations & Business Modelling (Max Marks 100)
Part I : To develop a reservoir of knowledge on valuation which can assist the
Company Secretaries in undertaking valuation assignments as a Registered
Valuer under Companies Act, 2013 including for Mergers and Acquisitions,
Issue of Shares, Winding up of Business and during Distressed Sale.
Part II : To assist the student in comprehending the concept of Business Modelling,
its vital components, steps involved in preparation of a Business Model and
Business Models for varied magnitude of business organizations.
Part I : Valuations (70 Marks)
1. Overview of Business Valuation : Genesis of Valuation; Need for Valuation;
Hindrances/ Bottlenecks in Valuation; Business Valuation Approaches;
Principles of Valuation (Cost, Price and Value).
2. Purpose of Valuation : M&A, Sale of Business, Fund Raising, Voluntary
Assessment; Taxation; Finance; Accounting; Industry perspective; Statutory
Dimension; Society Angle.
3. International Valuation Standards Overview.
4. Valuation guidance resources in India.
5. Business Valuation Methods: Discounted Cash Flow Analysis (DCF);
Comparable transactions method; Comparable Market Multiples method; Market
Valuation; Economic Value Added Approach; Free Cash Flow to Equity; Dividend
Discount Model; Net Asset Valuation; Relative Valuation; Overview of Option
6. Steps to establish the Business Worth: Planning and Data Collection; Data
Analysis and Valuation including review and analysis of Financial Statements;
Industry Analysis; Selecting the Business Valuation Methods; Applying the
selected Valuation Methods; Reaching the Business Value Conclusion.
7. Valuation of Tangibles: Overview of Valuation of Immovable Properties; Plant
& Machinery; Equipments; Vehicles; Capital Work-in-Progress; Industrial Plots;
Land and Buildings; Vessels, Ships, Barges etc.
8. Valuation of Intangibles : Definition of Intangible Assets; Categorization of
Intangibles- Marketing Related (Trademarks, Trade names, Certification marks,
Internet domains etc.), Customer or Supplier Related (Advertising Agreements,
Licensing, Royalty Agreements, Servicing Contracts, Franchise Agreements),
Technology Related (Contractual or non-contractual rights to use: Patented or
Unpatented Technologies, Data Bases, Formulae, Designs, Softwares, Process),
Artistic Related (Royalties from artistic works: Plays, Books, Films, Music).
9. Accounting for share based payment (Ind AS 102).
10. Valuation during Mergers & Acquisitions.
11. Valuation of various magnitudes of Business Organizations: Large
Companies, Small Companies, Start-Ups, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
12. Valuation of Business during Distressed Sale.
Part- II : Business Modelling (30 Marks)
13. Introduction to Business Modelling : Genesis, Meaning; Features; Significance;
Usage; Spreadsheet Techniques (Effective use of spreadsheets for modelling,
Review of key Excel Functions like building Macros, Decisions involving Time
Value of Money); Report and analyze historical data, Prepare future projections
and present integrated financial statements, Key financial ratios and Outputs in a
logical, summarized and effective manner.
14. Business Model Analysis: Facets of Analysis : Revenues: Cash flows and their
timing and Revenue drivers, Expenses: Cash flows and their timing, Investment
required through cash flow breakeven: Working Capital, Maximum financing
required and cash flow breakeven timing, Sensitivity Analysis: Key success
factors, Structuring and designing models.
Elective Paper 17.8
Insolvency – Law and Practice (Max Marks 100)
To acquire expert knowledge of the legal, procedural and practical aspects of
Insolvency and its resolution.
1. Insolvency – Concepts and Evolution: Bankruptcy/Insolvency– the Concept;
Historical Developments of Insolvency Laws in India; A Brief on Historical
Background on UK Insolvency Framework; US Bankruptcy Laws.
2. Introduction to Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code : Historical Background; Report
of the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee, Need for the Insolvency and Bankruptcy
Code, 2016; Overall scheme of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code; Important
Definitions; Institutions under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
3. Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process : Legal Provisions; Committee of
Creditors; Procedure; Documentation; Appearance; Approval.
4. Insolvency Resolution of Corporate Persons : Contents of resolution plan;
Submission of resolution plan; Approval of resolution plan.
5. Resolution Strategies : Restructuring of Equity and Debt; Compromise and
Arrangement; Acquisition; Takeover and Change of Management; Sale of Assets.
6. Fast Track Corporation Insolvency Resolution Process : Applicability for fast
track process; Time period for completion of fast track process; Procedure for fast
7. Liquidation of Corporate Person : Initiation of Liquidation; Powers and duties of
Liquidator; Liquidation Estate; Distribution of assets; Dissolution of corporate
8. Voluntary Liquidation of Companies : Procedure for Voluntary Liquidation;
Initiation of Liquidation; Effect of liquidation; Appointment; remuneration; powers
and duties of Liquidator; Completion of Liquidation.
9. Adjudication and Appeals for Corporate Persons : Adjudicating Authority in
relation to insolvency resolution and liquidation for corporate persons; Jurisdiction
of NCLT; Grounds for appeal against order of liquidation; Appeal to Supreme Court
on question of law; Penalty of carrying on business fraudulently to defraud traders.
10. Debt Recovery and Securitization : Non-performing assets; Asset Reconstruction
Companies [ARC];Security Interest (Enforcement) Rules, 2002; Options available
with banks e.g. SARFAESI, DRT, etc., Application to the Tribunal/Appellate Tribunal.
11. Winding-Up by Tribunal : Introduction; Is winding up and dissolution are
synonymous? Winding up under the Companies Act, 2013;Powers of the Tribunal;
12. Cross Border Insolvency : Introduction; Global developments; UNCITRAL
Legislative Guide on Insolvency Laws; UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross Border
Insolvency; US Bankruptcy Code; World Bank Principles for Effective Insolvency and
Creditor Rights; ADB principles of Corporate Rescue and Rehabilitation; Enabling
provisions for cross border transactions under IBC, Agreements with foreign
13. Insolvency Resolution of Individual and Partnership Firms : Application for
insolvency resolution process; Procedural aspects; Discharge order.
14. Bankruptcy Order for Individuals and Partnership firms : Bankruptcy if
insolvency resolution process fails; Application for bankruptcy; Conduct of meeting
of creditors; Discharge order; Effect of discharge order.
15. Bankruptcy for Individuals and Partnership Firms : Background; Overview of
the provisions; Adjudicating Authority; Appeal against order of DRT; Appeal to
16. Fresh Start Process : Background; Application for fresh start order; Procedure
after receipt of application; Discharge order.
17. Professional and Ethical Practices for Insolvency Practitioners : Responsibility
and accountability of Insolvency Practitioners; Code of conduct; Case laws; Case
Studies; and Practical aspects.
Indicative List of Certificate & PMQ Courses
To create expertise in respective areas and enhance employability/practice areas.
S. No. Certification Course
CORE & HYBRID
1. Certificate Course in Internal Audit
2. Certificate Course in GST
3. Certificate Course in Insolvency
4. Certificate Course in Securities Audit
5. Certificate Course in FEMA and NBFCs
6. Certificate Course in Capital Markets and Financial Services
7. Certificate Course in Setting up of business in India and Abroad
8. Certificate Course in Setting up and Management of Mega Firms
9. Certificate Course in Due Diligence
10. Certificate Course in Segment wise Role of Company Secretaries
11. Certificate Course in Mergers and Amalgamations
12. Certificate Course in Corporate Funding – National and International
13. Certificate Course in Resolution and Management of Corporate Disputes, NonCompliances
14. Certificate Course in Alternative Dispute Resolution and International
15. Certificate Course in Valuations and Business Modelling
16. Certificate Course in Financial, Non-Financial and Integrated Reporting
17. Certificate Course in Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
18. Certificate Course in Compliance of All Applicable Laws
19. Certificate Course in Internal Audit of Securities Market Intermediaries
20. Certificate Course in Forensic Audit
21. Certification Course in Secretarial Audit
ANCILLIARY TO CORE
22. Certificate Course in Property Laws and Practice
23. Certificate Course in Environment Protection Laws
24. Certificate Course in Banking
25. Certificate Course in Insurance
26. Certificate Course in Direct Tax Law
27. Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Rights
28. Certificate Course in Consumer Disputes and their Resolution
29. Certificate Course in Social Media for Company Secretaries
To provide 360 degree in-depth knowledge including case studies, research
and international perspective
S. No. Post Membership Qualification
CORE & HYBRID
1. PMQ Course in Insolvency
2. PMQ Course in Corporate Governance, Risk and Compliance Management
3. PMQ Course in Mergers and Amalgamations
4. PMQ Course in Alternative Dispute Resolution and International Commercial
5. PMQ Course in Valuations and Business Modelling