hi guys videos of Setting up of Financial and Strategic Management as per icsi new syllabus are getting ready and u can pre-order or for Enquiry whatsapp 8285488836 subscribe here for cs video lectures https://bit.ly/2hnL3dO
Part I: To provide knowledge of practical aspects of financial management so as
to develop skills in taking financial and investment decisions.
Part II : To enable students to acquire multidimensional skills as to equip them to
comprehend the process of strategy formulation.
Part I : Financial Management (60 marks)
1. Nature and Scope of Financial Management: Nature, Scope and Objectives of
Financial Management; Risk-Return and Value of the Firm; Objectives of the firm;
Profit Maximisation vs. Wealth Maximisation; Emerging roles of Finance Managers.
2. Capital Budgeting: Compounding and Discounting techniques- Concepts of Annuity
and Perpetuity; Capital Budgeting Process; Techniques of Capital BudgetingDiscounted
and Non- Discounted Cash Flow Methods; Capital Rationing; Risk
Evaluation and Sensitivity Analysis.
3. Capital Structure: Introduction- Meaning and Significance; Optimal Capital
Structure; Determinants of Capital Structure; Theories of Capital Structure; EBIT –
EPS Analysis; EBITDA Analysis; Risk and Leverage; Effects of Leverage on
4. Sources of raising long-term finance and Cost of Capital: Sources, Meaning,
Factors Affecting Cost of Capital; Methods for Calculating cost of capital; Weighted
Average Cost of Capital (WACC); Marginal Cost of Capital.
5. Project Finance : Project Planning – Preparation of Project Report, Project
Appraisal under Normal Inflationary and Deflationary Conditions; Project Appraisal
by Financial Institutions – Lending Policies and Appraisal Norms by Financial
Institutions and Banks; Project Review and Control; Social Cost and Benefit Analysis
of Project. Term loans from Financial institutions and Banks; Lease and Hire
Purchase Finance; Venture Capital Funds; Private Equity; International Finance and
Syndication of Loans, Deferred Payment Arrangements; Corporate Taxation and its
Impact on Corporate Financing; Financing Cost Escalation.
6. Dividend Policy: Introduction- Types; Determinants and Constraints of Dividend
Policy; Forms of Dividend; Different Dividend Theories.
7. Working Capital : Meaning, Types, Determinants and Assessment of Working
Capital Requirements, Negative Working Capital; Operating Cycle Concept and
Applications of Quantitative Techniques; Management of Working Capital – Cash
Receivables Inventories; Financing of Working Capital; Banking Norms and Macro
Aspects; Factoring and Forfaiting.
8. Security Analysis: Measuring of Systematic and Unsystematic Risk; Fundamental
Analysis (Economic, Industry and Company); Technical Analysis and Efficient
9. Portfolio Management: Meaning, Objectives; Portfolio Theory -Traditional
Approach; Markowitz Portfolio Theory; Modern Approach – CAPM Model; Economic
Value Added; Sharpe Single & Multi Index Model; Risk Adjusted Measure of
Part II : Strategic Management (40 Marks)
10. Introduction to Management: An Overview of functions of management.
11. Introduction to Strategic Management: An Overview- Meaning & Process;
Strategic Leadership; Functions and Importance for Professionals like Company
Secretaries; Environmental Influences of Business-Characteristics and Components
of Business Environment, Factors of Micro & Macro Environment of Business;
Competitive Environment and Porter’s Five Force Model.
12. Business Policy and Formulation of Functional Strategy: Introduction to
Business Policy; Framework of Strategic Management; Strategic Decision Model;
Vision; Mission; Objectives and Goals; Strategic Levels of the Organization;
Formulation of Functional Strategy-Formulation of Financial; Marketing;
Production; Human Resource and Logistics strategies.
13. Strategic Analysis and Planning: Situational Analysis, Strategic Choices-SWOT and
TOWS Analysis; PERT (Programme Evaluation Review Technique) and CPM (Critical
Path Method);Portfolio analysis-Boston Consulting Group (BCG) growth-share
Matrix, Ansoff’s Product Growth Matrix, ADL Matrix and General Electric (GE)
Model; Strategic Planning; Strategic Alternatives-Glueck and Jauch and Michael
Porter’s Generic Strategies.
14. Strategic Implementation and Control: Issues in Strategy Implementation;
Various Organizational Structures and Strategy Implementation; Leadership and its
forms ; Strategic Change and Control.
15. Analysing Strategic Edge : Introduction to Business Process Reengineering;
Concept of Benchmarking; Introduction to Total Quality Management